What are composite fillings?
An increasingly popular alternative to silver amalgam fillings are composite tooth-colored fillings. Unlike amalgam fillings, composite fillings are shaded to the color of your teeth to create a perfect match, giving you a beautiful smile!
Benefits of Composite Fillings
- Created to match your tooth to ensure a natural look and feel
- Because composite fillings can be created in smaller preparations, less of your tooth structure is lost and less drilling is needed
- Provides support to remaining tooth structure, and insulates against temperature changes
The Filling Process
- First, the targeted tooth is prepared to remove decay
- Next, a bonding agent is applied to the prepared tooth
- The composite material is placed and molded to your tooth structure
- The material is hardened by focusing ultraviolet light rays on it for about a minute
The filling is now complete and you have a bright, natural-looking new tooth!
Your filling brightness can be maintained by simply practicing good oral hygiene and avoiding staining food and drinks such as coffee, soda, tea, etc. For more information on composite white fillings or to schedule an appointment, call your Williston dentist and let us rejuvenate your smile!